We’re continuing my self-introduction series. This week, I’d like to share some gospel songs that are my go-to when I need inspiration or a pick-me-up.
The last time, I shared ten places I’d love to visit. If you missed that, check out the post here.
I love music, but I don’t always take the time to enjoy it when there are so many books and podcasts to listen to.
3 Reasons I Listen to Music
There are many benefits of listening to music. I’m sure there have been studies done that will tout the reasons you should listen to music and how it will positively impact your life but I won’t go into them here. Instead, I’ll share my reasons for listening to music.
1. Mood lifter: there are times when I need an emotional boost. Listening to upbeat gospel songs shifts my mindset every time.
2. Faith booster: do you ever have those days when you need a reminder of God’s goodness and faithfulness? Me too.
I find that listening to songs that tell about His character and what He’s done serves as a powerful reminder that He can be trusted with my troubles.
3. Reinforces truth: what do you struggle with? Chances are there’s a song that can encourage you.
6 Upbeat Songs On My Playlist
The songs on this list playlist are ones I listen to when I need my mood lifter or I feel for something upbeat.
- Go Get Your Blessing by Mary Mary
- Won’t He Do It by Koryn Hawthorne
- Fear Song by Francesca Battistelli
- Fearless by Jasmine Murray
- WaveWalker by Citizen Way
- Light Shine Bright by Toby Mac
I’ve created a YouTube playlist with these songs and others if you’re in the mood for some upbeat gospel songs.
6 Songs That Get Me In The Mood for Worship
The songs in this section have a slower cadence. I listen to them when I want to center my mind and heart on God and remind myself of who He is.
- Never Lost by CeCe Winans
- Hills and Valleys by Tauren Wells
- Psalm 34 by Brooklyn Tabernacle
- He Knows My Name by Brooklyn Tabernacle
- Now Behold the Lamb by Brooklyn Tabernacle
- Total Praise by Brooklyn Tabernacle
I’ve added these songs to a list on YouTube in case you wanted to check them out.
Did you see your favorite song on the list? What song would you have included?